Mahalabia Coconut Milk Pudding
By Chef Kim
15 - 20 minutes
4 - 6 people
- 750 ml of milk
- 50 g corn flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 50 g of S&P Santan Coconut Milk Powder
- 300 ml water
- Mixture A: Mix Santan Coconut Milk Powder into 300 ml water and add corn flour, stir well, then sieve mixture to remove any lumps.
- Mixture B: Pour in milk in a small pot, add ½ cup brown sugar, rose water or rose essence and simmer on low-medium heat.
- Pour in mixture A into mixture B, whisk continuously until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat immediately and place over ice bath to reduce temperature. Pour the mixture into serving glasses for desserts. Cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, remove the cling wrap. Then top with date syrup, chopped pistachio, coconut flakes and rose bud.
Preparation for Topping
- Dates syrup
- 50 g chopped pistachio nuts
- Some roasted coconut flakes
- Rose buds (used for tea)
*Ice bath: Place ice cubes in a basin of water to stand by before making this. When the mixture thickens, place the pot in the water bath to cool down the heat.